All about Books
This is the page where I will be discussing what I'm reading, reviewing those books and be open to suggestions to keep adding to my To Be Read pile. Honestly, I'm never going to get through that thing anyway, so the more the merrier.
This is a tag that's been going around a short while and something I found out about, since Katherine nominated me this morning. I was interested in other people's questions and answers, so tracked it back to a blog that had an explanation to the whole thing.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring.
(So when you read this, Katherine, thanks a lot and your blog's coming on great! Glad you enjoy mine too. :))
Without further ado, here are the answers to the 11 questions I was given, followed by my own questions and people I'm nominating.
1. If you could live in any fantasy world, which one would it be?
Wow, great first question, and I'm putting Hogwarts aside for once. I'm going to choose Velaris, in the Night Court from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas.
2. What's your Hogwarts house?
I'm a proud Hufflepuff! :) We've had some great people in there.
3. What's a book you loved that everyone hated?
I'm not if everyone hated it, but I have seen some pretty negative reviews on Goodreads for Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I love this series, how the characters have matured and the books get better as they go on.
4. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Getting to think up fun and different posts every now and then as a break from reviewing books- ok, so that can also be stressful sometimes! However, blogging has opened me up to improving on certain skills like time management and patience, and overall I've really enjoyed it in the few short months since I started. I don't know why it took me so long!
5. What's your favourite book cover?
I don't have a specific favourite, because there are too many pretty covers decorating my bookshelves, but I do like the cover for The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, which I think this is the UK cover.
6. Who is your all time favourite character? (Male and female)
For a female character, I'm definitely nominating Hermione Granger. Reasons have been discussed in other posts (but I plan to mention more at a later date). For a male character, this is a lot harder, but I want to say Azriel from A Court of Mist and Fury (Yes, I know I'm mentioning that book a lot, but it's one of my all time favourites- seeing as we're on this topic!) He's kind, loyal, has lots of great advice to give, but will defend those he cares about even if it puts him in danger.
7. Worst book tropes?
Insta-love. There's so much of it in YA books. And seeing bad mental health rep. It either makes me want to be sick or punch someone.
8. What under-rated book do you want more people to read?
Can I choose two? I'm going for Radio Silence by Alice Oseman and Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall. My reviews for both are on my blog.
The first book has great diversity in many ways and some mental health related things, following what you want to do and being your own person. The second book has incredible mental health rep, based off some of the author's personal experiences, and knows that finding love doesn't 'cure' mental illnesses.
9. What movie/TV adaptation was just as good as the book?
I really liked the film version of Divergent. There were some minor changes I picked up on, but nothing that really took away from the book. I was really pleased with the result, though I haven't watched the others yet.
10. How big is your TBR & are you coping?
Er...I'm going to talk about my physical TBR and not look at Goodreads!
It's big enough, and a month ago I might have said ye to part 2. Now...I'm just looking at it an wondering when I'm going to have the time to read all of those books, and why did I buy 5 at once a couple of weeks ago...
I'll just drift away into this black hole of books. You might not hear from me for a while!
11. Who is your current number one book boyfriend?
So I really want to say Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury, but he's been there for a while. :D I also really like Jesper Fahey from the Six of Crows duology. (He's not the only reason you all hear me talk about those books a lot.)
Now here come the nominations and my questions. I'm nominating:
My questions are:
1. Who are the authors you would auto-buy from?
2. Did you like the last book you read?
3. What's the longest book you've ever read?
4. Where's your favourite place to read?
5. Favourite aspect of blogging?
6. Do you ever collect book merch?
7. For aesthetic purposes, do you arrange your shelves by colour, author (insert other option here)?
8. Have you ever met an author and who was it?
9. If you're doing the Goodreads reading challenge, how's it going?
10. What books are you determined to read in 2018 that you haven't got around to yet?
11. Do you wish to be an author?
Hi, I'm an animal lover and have a degree. You can usually find me either reading or writing. Failing that, I might have actually ventured into the outside world...