All about Books
This is the page where I will be discussing what I'm reading, reviewing those books and be open to suggestions to keep adding to my To Be Read pile. Honestly, I'm never going to get through that thing anyway, so the more the merrier.
Welcome back. This review is for the book ‘Disruptor’ by Arwen Elys Dayton. As it’s only been out for a couple of months, I’m going to put a spoiler warning on here for those who haven’t read it yet- or the series, which I recommend.
Author: Arwen Elys Dayton
Part of a trilogy: Yes, book 3 of the ‘Seeker’ trilogy
Original publication date: 2nd March 2017 (UK)
My Rating: 4½ out of 5 stars (Read June 2017)
A Few Personal Highlights:
- The origins of the Dreads.
- John and Shinobu having to work together to save the Seekers.
- Quin’s journey back to the others.
- The Young Dread training the other Seekers. Plus, I just really like Maud.
- Maggie being really evil in this (more than in Seeker) - and not being afraid to show it.
- Dex as a new character- yes he was a little crazy, but that wasn’t his fault. The travelling between places as usual was fun.
- John’s journey and progression in this book made him a lot more likeable to me than I found him in the first two books.
- I really loved how all the characters have connections to each other and it comes together in this book. It’s been a really thought out world.
- Even though I enjoyed the other two, I’ve found ‘Disruptor’ to be my favourite book of the trilogy.
I’m going to miss this series now it’s over, but it has been an enjoyable journey- aside from all of the worrying I did over favourite characters, of course.
As I mentioned earlier, if you haven’t yet read this series, then I do recommend it. Thanks for reading the review. All the best.
Hi, I'm an animal lover and have a degree. You can usually find me either reading or writing. Failing that, I might have actually ventured into the outside world...